August 30, 2010

Why not just enjoy it!!! - Saltwater Buddha :O)

I'm must be getting very old, because for me it doesn't matter if you are a surfer, kitesurfer og or windsurfer (A "Duck, a Ballon queer or a Pole dancer"!!! :O)

Isn't it just the motion of the ocean that counts? , don't we all have the same thing in common? wind, waves and pure fun!!!?? - that one really cool thing which is the joy of being out there with your friends, using the elements to the max.

I just had a friendly dissuasion with one of the well known windsurfing profiles in Denmark, let me say he is a guy I really like - but when it comes to the understanding of who has the right to be out there when it happens at a "heavy wave spot", we are of a different opinion. He get really pissed when a newbie is fumbling around in front of him out there, which I understand to a certain level, but back in time he was a newbie himself not to forget!!. Somehow everybody have the right to be out there, even though not everybody are superb surfers.
Beginners should of course respect the oceans power and be a bit humble, so they and others don't get hurt out there - but I believe most sane newbies understand that, otherwise they are asking for trouble - one way or an other.

Hell, he even told me that "real surfers" fight while they are sitting one their boards - to me that is sad, and a totally misunderstood approach to this fantastic sport - and I bet you if some of these guy's suddenly couldn't surf anymore, they would probably get a whole new perspective of things - Isn't it all about having some fun??, to enjoy some really great time out there!! - Isn't it all about Ripping and Snapping it to the max??. From my perspective that's the core of it all, and if that is a wrong approach - well then it must be because I'm just an old hippie dreaming of a zen angle to these great water sports, where everybody's having some fun with each other and the elements of Mother Earth.

Here is a small video I found on `YouT´ which shows a Zen angle to it all :O)

Hang "really loose" out there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment