August 1, 2010

Surfing Vorupør/DK - Ron Halasi - Photo session No. 1.


SURFING VORUPØR # 1

Click on pic's for larger view

The weather forecast promised a lot of wind, so of course I had to plan a "last minute trip" to the North coast of Jylland, where all the serious surfing in Denmark takes place.
First I went to Hanstholm, where the windsurfers had their treat of wind and waves - a pure super session was a reality.
After shooting the windsurfing secen to late in the evening, I went to Vorupør, where I had booked a room at Hotel Klitheden - a very cosy hotel by the way, with an absolutely splendid service and very fair pricing. I called the owner 15 min before the kitchen closed from Hanstholm (a 20 min drive), and despite the late call he arranged a sublime dinner for me, I surely will be back to this fantastic place.

(PS. check out their website : www.hotelklitheden.dk )


Next morning I woke up at 4:30, exited to check out the motion of the ocean. On my way to the beach, I meet my old friend Ron, who is a very experienced surfer. We hadn't seen each other for several years, so it was unbelievable to meet him at 5 o'clock in the morning, in a little fishing village, in the middle of no were !! By the way, the next day he was going on a surf trip to the Maldives, so the chances of meeting him were like one to a million. Life is great sometimes!!.
I was on a "lucky strike" - first a super windsurfing session in Hanstholm, and the next morning some nice and "cosy" waves were rolling in to the bay of Vorupør - I couldn't have planned this trip any better.
And to make everything more than perfect, the weather forecast promised wind again - during the the day it would pick up from a southern direction, which seemed to be perfect for a place called Agger, an other super surf spot in Denmark.


I enjoyed this trip very much, since I am not able to surf anymore, I feel so privileged just being able to sit down an watch the movements of the ocean and enjoy the whole surf scene.
To me Surfing is pure energy, pure soul and of course - pure FUN!!!!, which makes you realize that happiness isn't just a lot of money, as much as being able to enjoy the more simple thing in life - like surfing on a wave!!

"A rich person is not the one who has the most,
but the one who needs the least to be happy"
- Alun Biggart

I'll start out with a couple of pure surf session blogs from Vorupør - with some of the profiles from the Danish Surf scene - followed by a series of Windsurfing blogs from Hanstholm, and then end up with a Kite surfing session from Agger. So if you want to see some action, then follow up on what is going on here at Surfaddicts, I can promise you there will be some interesting pic's from the surf scene in North of jylland.


Ron Halasi

Ron is a real "Surfer-dude"!! - he's been surfing since his childhood in California, and Ron makes it look so easy, with his smooth and very elegant style only a few people can match - a pure soul surfing spirit, who lives for this fantastic sport. Here are some of the pic's I shoot of Ron on his long board, that beautiful morning in Vorupør.









































PS. It was a pure pleasure shooting your moves "Ronny Dude"
Keep on hanging loose up there in the Northern part of Denmark.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete